Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This Vegan Life

My First Weeks as a Vegan

I didn't get birthday cake, I bring my own bread to the dining hall for sandwhiches, and Junior Fountain can no longer supply half of my diet.

Unlike virtually every one of my previous New Year's resolutions, this one is successful. I have not eaten any animal products, used anything that has animal products or that's tested on animals, worn animals...Admittedly, when I see my friends gorging on mac 'n cheese, for a second I want to ditch the salad, but, like I said--only for a second.

I'm standing up for what I believe in, and it just so happens that Some Crust has vegan cake, my bread is white, fluffy, and delicious, and Junior Fountain is overpriced!

Even still, why the heck would I condemn myself to a life of eating delicious, cruelty-free food rather than a Standard American Diet (SAD) of trans fats and high fructose corn syrup? That's blog post number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment